Saturday, January 24, 2015

Diva's Challenge #201, Gelli Printing, and ATCs

Diva's Challenge #201 Moebius Syndrome Awareness Day 2015

The Diva's little boy has Moebius Syndrome and the challenge this week is to use the Moebius Syndrome Foundation logo to help raise awareness for this disorder.  You can learn about the syndrome and the challenge in Diva's site here.

My submission for this week is a bit late and a bit tiny :)... it is a Bijou.


Gelli Printing

Last week I had a couple of hours with the Gelli Plate and as usual, had lots of fun.  I wanted to try out the new masks and stencils I had cut, and I did, but also ended up using some of the old leaf masks I had created before from Tyvek.

I had a bit of trouble with the paint drying on the gelli plate before I was done taking prints.  I think next time I will have to mix some glaze with it since I'm not ready to spend money on Open Acrylics yet.  Anyway, I still had fun, as you can see :)







ATCs

It's been a really long time since I've created a 2.5" x 3.5" card, but even longer one to trade.  Well, I decided to create some and enter a swap, since there is really no pressure on how many you have to send in.  You can trade up to 15, but if you send less, you will receive as many as you sent in.  Cool!

So, I've been thinking of some of the things I've done in the past that I enjoyed, and some of the things I would like to try.  The great thing about this small size is that you can try so many different techniques and if you don't like it, it isn't usually a big investment of time.

Here are 3 I have finished.  I have 2 others in progress, and ideas for a few more (including using some gelli prints :).  We'll see how it goes.




3 comments:

  1. I like your tile; Paradox is beautiful around it in the corners. Your ATC's are beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your Moebius Syndrome creation! I like how the strip is while and really pops on that purple tangled background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bijou was busy overtime in your moebius :) It is very lovely and amazing it is so small :)

    Your tiles are amazing - not sure all of what you are talking about but they are pretty :)

    Your ATCs are wonderful - as always :) So glad I have one :) :)

    ~ Diane Clancy
    http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2015/01/entry-moebius-syndrome-awareness-day-2015

    ReplyDelete